My client is an established organisation, specialising in providing services to children with Specialist education, Emotional, Behavioural and Social Difficulties for a 3-bed home in the East Midlands.
We are looking for Deputy Managers who are caring and compassionate individuals with the desire to make a positive difference to the lives of their incredible Children & Young people. Are you an individual with leadership qualities and can run a shift taking the lead and support our Nottinghamshire region?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Senior with relevant experience or a current Deputy looking to work with one of the UK’s leading children’s specialists.
LEVEL 3 RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE qualified
Must be a DRIVER
Overview of the position:
The working day can be very unpredictable, and you could find yourself doing a variation of duties such as planning rotas, activities for the young people and closely supporting the homes manager in various meetings and appointments. We are looking for people who are flexible, reliable, adaptable able to read situations to help our young people make positive choices whilst proactively supporting colleagues in their development through leading by example. Whilst meeting the needs of the Children and Young People in line with Ofsted regulations.
As a Deputy Manager your goal will be to deputise in the absence of the Registered manager within the home while safeguarding three vulnerable young people. Additionally, you will work closely alongside an experienced homes manager and be asked to support with leadership of the home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To meet the needs of children
- Ensuring that each young person has an allocated key worker
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s placement plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- NVQ 3 in caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- Secondary Education with good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Working towards NVQ4
- Awareness of Equal Opportunities/ADP issues
- Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Team Building Skills / Supervision Skills
- £500 welcome Bonus
- Overtime paid at an enhanced rate at time and a quarter
- Shift patterns and Rotas to support your work life balance.
- Full enhanced children’s and adults DBS.
- Full Training provided – 10-day paid intensive induction training course, face to face and online learning to support your development starting immediately.
- 3-5 shadow shifts to settle into the home.
- Working closely and collaborative with clinical and other local authorities.
- Opportunity of succession and personal development planning to achieve your full career potential to support you in progressing your career from your leadership team.
- Free onsite parking, meals and other benefits such as Dental plans, Casual Dress, Pension scheme, Car leasing scheme
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please e-mail an up to date CV via the APPLY button or alternatively if you wish to discuss in confidence please call Mary on 07444 700 321.