Residential Support Worker – Exeter
Salary: £23,000 per annum, plus 5% performance related bonus
24 hour shifts 9am to 9:30am (this will include sleep-ins)
Leave Entitlement: 14 x 24 shift allowance
- To provide the highest quality of care and support to children and young people residing in the care home
- To provide the highest quality care for children in accordance with the provider’s Policies, Procedures and Practices and Standards set by the Regulatory Body.
- To be part of a care team on rota basis to provide care and support for children.
- To help and support children and young people achieve their potential in relation to education, independence, health and social skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a supportive and nurturing delivery of residential childcare in accordance with the Provider’s Policies and Procedures.
- To lead by example and maintain good professional practices in accordance with the Minimum Standards for Children’s Home.
- To build positive relationships with children and young people based on mutual respect, transparency and trust.
- To support and supervise children in the implementation of an individual programme of life skills, independence and leisure in their home and the community.
- To safeguard all children and adults within the home and ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person with reference to his or her safety, health and education.
- To accurately record entries in the child’s records, diaries and reports as necessary in accordance with the Provider’s Policies, Procedures and support and enable Service Users to maintain a level of personal hygiene practices.
- To manage all challenging behaviour, enabling children to understand their actions and support them developing strategies to self-regulate.
- To organise and participate in appropriate activities and enable children to take part in a wide variety of activities.
- To support and enable children to maintain a level of personal hygiene.
- To work in a multi-agency way with all professionals involved with the child.
- To carry out key worker sessions with your allocated child.
- To carry out sleep-in duties in accordance with the agreed rota.
- To administer medication in accordance with the Provider’s Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure that all children’s personal financial transactions are recorded and administered in accordance with the Provider’s Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake any other duties as required to meet the needs of the organisation.
Please call Felicity on 07398058944 or email email@example.com with an updated CV.