Children’s Residential Support Worker
Salary: circa up to £21,220 per annum
Children with Learning Disabilities/Autism
Condensed Shifts – reducing fuel cost and more free time
***Up to £1500 starting payment for Level 2 & 3 H&SC Quals***
Benefits: PAID Qualifications, Paid training
Travel allowance – up to £15.00 per day!!!
I am currently working with one of the UK’s Leading specialist care providers for Children with Learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Conditions for one of their provisions in Worcester. A fantastic employer and one of the Uk’s most innovative and forward thinking Residential, Educational and Supported Living Services across the country.
My clients site is a residential centre for up to 26 residents with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. The client provides care assistant and residential support worker for children who have a severe learning disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs.
We are looking for Care Assistant or Residential support workers local to Worcestershire who can demonstrate compassion, empathy and a person-centred approach to caring for the children in their care.
You will be providing personal care to the children as well as supporting them in a wide range of learning, development and social activities including arts and crafts, cookery, music, gardening, swimming, shopping trips and social occasions.
Do you need a change in career? A new start? A role where you feel rewarded every day just for going to work? Do you want to get paid for giving something back?
* Fully funded QCF Health & Social Care qualification opportunities
* Fantastic opportunities for progression to Senior, Team Leading and Care Management
* Competitive Salary Package
* Activities Barn
* Horticultural Farms for young people
* Free meals during shift
* Payments for mileage travelling to and from work
* Summer fun days, Disco’s, Sports Days and more
* Opportunities to co-ordinate, organize and take part in exciting social activities
* Excellent training, with opportunities to even learn sign language
* Weekly staff recognition schemes
* Enhanced rates for overtime, and further enhancement for weekends
* Employee Assist Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Pension Scheme
* Trips to Theme Parks and Holidays with residents – locations have included Disneyland Paris, Alton Towers, West Midlands Safari Park, Weymouth and more!
This really is a fantastic opportunity to support children with learning difficulties in their own residential setting in Herefordshire. Supporting them with their every day lives and educational and social needs, enabling them to access the right care and opportunities for them to live as happy, fulfilling and independent lives as possible.
- To successfully complete the Care Certificate.
- To support the personalised development of each Resident.
- To respect the dignity and individuality of each Resident.
- To ensure a high standard of personal care for each Resident, including matters of physical wellbeing and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each Resident.
- To undertake Keyworker responsibility for individual residents.
- To work on a rostered shift system inclusive of some evening and weekend work.
- To work within the residential environment providing developmental support to residents.
The role will involve working a combination of early and late shifts totalling 37.5 per week over a 3-week rolling rota, including some weekends. OR condensed shifts are available on a 1 on 2 off or 2 on 4 off basis, thus reducing travel cost and more free time.
If you have the right values for this organisation, you will be supported by a programme of continuous training, learning and development, including the care certificate and NVQ level 3 in Residential Childcare.
My client is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care. We are committed to safeguarding those in our care, all employees are required to obtain an Enhanced DBS (formally CRB) and follow safeguarding policy and practice.
If this vacancy is of interest to you please forward an up to date copy of your CV via the APPLY button or call Marianne on 07950 312520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.