Learning Support Worker
Autism Care & Education – Surrey
£20 – £21K + benefits
£1000 JOINING BONUS!
***DRIVING LICENCE ESSENTIAL – RURAL LOCATION***
Full time 37.5hrs, permanent contract
Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
A fantastic opportunity for a Learning Support worker to join a specialist Autism Care and Education provision based in Surrey. Our Client is a reputable provider committed to raising awareness of autism, providing facilities, services and resources for the education and support of people affected by Autism.
Working as part of a team, you will provide support to adults with autism and related disabilities.
You will work in the Centre for Lifelong Learning as well as accompanying adult learners in the
As a Learning Support Worker, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Support participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community
- Encourage and enable learning and development in all aspects of daily life
- Facilitate and support learners’ decision making, promoting choice and the ability to reach their potential for independence
- Record and analyse data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes
- Maintain a high standard of care at all times
To be considered for a Learning Support Worker, you must have:
- Proven experience of working within the adult care and community based sector
- Knowledge, interest or experience of working with special educational needs, autism spectrum disorders and related disabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships with learners, parents and staff
- Ability to keep accurate records and reports
- A positive, patient, caring and can-do attitude
- Full clean driving licence
What’s on offer as a Learning Support Worker?
- Annual Leave 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Highly supported training and CPD programme
- Fully funded training opportunities including Industry training – Crisis Intervention, Epilepsy, Administering Medication, Safeguarding & First Aid
- Registered Behaviour Technician Qualification
- CABAS Teacher I Training and Completion of CABAS Ranks
- Completion of the UK ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) Education Competence Framework
- Commitment to continuing learning & development opportunities throughout your career
Please call Felicity on 07398058944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated CV.