Overview of the position:
Are you an ambitious manager who has proven experience in working and managing residential services for Children and Young People? Would you like to join a quality focused organisation who has won accolades in the services they deliver? Would you like to become a manager of an existing reputable home for Children and Young People?
My client is searching for a passionate, fun and ambitious individual to join their Children’s Residential home in Yorkshire.
About the Role
To protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and normal development, both inside and outside the home. To ensure that the environment is managed in line with all Health and Safety requirements and that this is reflected in monitoring, reporting, and recording functions. To participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual children’s care plans. To ensure key stages in the stay of children and young people such as admission and discharge are properly managed, and reflect decisions recorded in care plans.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A professional social work qualification (Degree), QCF level 5 or working towards the same
- Substantial managerial experience within a similar environment (at least 2 years as a Deputy)
- 2 year’s residential care experience.
- Full driving licence
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing/quality assurance.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to interpret financial information
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
Other benefits include:
- Employer contribution pension
- On site parking
- 25 day’s Annual leave plus 8 Bank holidays in lieu
- Further benefits to be discussed on application
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please e-mail an up to date CV via the APPLY button or alternatively if you wish to discuss in confidence please call Mary on 07444 700 321.