Our provider supports children with autism aged from 4 – 19 on a structured programme, offering therapeutic care with on-site therapists in the school and residential areas. We are currently looking for Residential Support Workers with proven experience of working with children with special needs or learning difficulties to join the residential team.
- 9 weeks holiday per annum to reflect the schools term times
- Christmas and Easter can be spent with your Family and Friends as no shifts to cover
- 2 weeks on 2weeks off as part of 4 week rolling rota making it easier to plan your home life
- Not working back-to-back shifts (Late Shift followed by an Early)
- Fully Funded Apprenticeship leading to Level 4 qualification in Child and Social Care
Care2Recruit Ltd having recently been appointed as a preferred supplier to this client who are now seeking an ambitious, dedicated, and proven Senior Residential Care Worker in Children and Young People’s Service in Hertfordshire who is willing to:
- Join an Outstanding (OFSTED) rated service in the Hertfordshire area
- Deliver a quality focused service for excellent Outcomes
- Bring passion and ambition to a first-class residential service.
- Have the welfare of the CYP at the core of their beliefs
We are seeking a senior residential care worker who will assist in the day-to-day operations of medium sized children’s home. The successful candidate will continue the outstanding work done previously and be passionate about the quality of care and support to the young people. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Actively support the people we work with to experience life opportunities which promote maximising potential and fulfilling their dreams
- Enable community presence and participation as desired by the individual being supported
- Ensure the people we work with are supported to access person- led chosen activities and opportunities which result in measurable outcomes and achievements for the individual
- Assist in designing individualized programmes of leisure, education, and social opportunities
- Comply with guidelines in developing, designing, implementing, and reviewing individualized support and care plans
- Assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential.
- Maintain regular and appropriate records and reports as directed, e.g. incident reports.
- Provide required support to the individual with autism which ensures the maintenance of an environment which is as safe and hygienic as possible and appropriate to their needs
- Apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure technique/s, for the protection & safety of the individual with autism, others & environment.
- Support the individual with autism to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan.
- Participate in all meetings as required and make a positive contribution to them.
- Ensure good working relationships with parents, family and other professionals involved in the individual with autism’s care and promote team working and good working relationships with colleagues.
Why choose our client?
- Excellent reputation for delivering quality services
- Previous ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED outcomes
- Being part of a valued team where people’s contributions count
- Accredited by the Autism Accreditation Society
if you wish to discuss in confidence please call a member of the Care2Recruit team or contact me by email; email@example.com or alternatively on my Mobile; 07787 168 712.